- Theories, Principles and Models in Education and Training
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Developing Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Education and Training
- Professional Practice in Education and Training
- Action Research
- Develop and Prepare Resources for Learning and Development
- Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area
- Equality and Diversity
- Inclusive Practice
- Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- Manage Learning and Development in Groups
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- theories, principles and models in education and training, such as in relation to learning, communication, assessment, curriculum development and evaluation, and how to apply them to own practice.
- teaching, learning and assessment in education and training, such as roles, responsibilities and relationships, using initial and diagnostic assessment to agree individual learning goals with learners, planning and delivering inclusive teaching, creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive teaching and learning environment and assessing learning.
- understanding professionalism and the influence of professional values in education and training, the policy context of education and training, the impact of accountability to stakeholders and external bodies on education and training, the organisational context of education and training and how to contribute to the quality improvement and quality assurance arrangements of an organisation.
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will take an analytical and practical approach to all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing inclusive teaching and learning. Whilst doing this, candidates will embed theories and principles in education and training and demonstrate them in their practice.